The Rushmore Region’s ideal central location makes it a natural fit for regional and corporate headquarters of professional services firms. Additionally, companies are perfectly positioned to service the growing energy industry in the area, without enduring the increased costs and congestion of boomtowns.
The professional services industry in the Rushmore Region is represented by:
- Corporate headquarters
- Regional subsidiary offices
- Staffing services
- Engineering services
Professional services in the Rushmore Region:
- Business services showed the highest impact on wealth production in the Rushmore Region from 2006 to 2011 with 543 jobs added with earnings of $45,400/year or $2.4 million in total earnings added
- Top prospect industries for the Rushmore Region include Corporate Subsidiary and Regional Managing Offices with 332 high paying jobs added from 2006 – 2011.
- Similarly Engineering added 84 higher paying jobs
Comparison analysis suggests significant growth opportunities exist for the Rushmore Region in several high-earning and paying industries, such as:
- Computer Systems Design Services
- Engineering Services
- R&D Services