Rushmore Region: Monumental Business Benefits
The Rushmore Region has it all – a business climate ranked number one in the nation, coupled with the resources and workforce that make this area attractive to a diverse range of industries.
Driving Business in the Rushmore Region
The six-county Rushmore Region of South Dakota is one of the best places in the nation to start and run a business. The entrepreneurial spirit, support of free enterprise, and Midwestern values and work ethic allows companies to thrive and do business on their own terms.
The Rushmore Regional Trade Area includes over 470,000 people within 200 miles. As such, Rapid City and the surrounding Black Hills communities offer retail trade, medical and professional services, and recreation opportunities second to none. In recent years, the region has received numerous accolades and national rankings for its excellent quality of life and business climate.
- CNBC ranked South Dakota #2 for Business Friendliness, #4 in Cost of Doing Business in 2016.
- The Tax Foundation ranked South Dakota #2 in its 2017 State Business Tax Climate Index.
- The Pollina Corp. Pro-Business 50-State Rankings rated South Dakota #16 in 2015. In labor, taxes and other factors, the state ranked #7.
- Healthways.com named South Dakota No. 6 in well-being in 2015.
- CNN Money ranked Rapid City MSA #4 among small metro areas for launching a business, in 2009.
- Outside Magazine ranked Spearfish #12 in its 2016 Best Towns Competition.
- Outdoor Life ranked Rapid City #4 in its 2012 Best Hunting and Fishing Towns report.
- The Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council ranked South Dakota the #3 in its 2016 Small Business Policy Index.
Learn more about the features that make the Rushmore Region one of the top places in the nation to start and run a business, including testimonials from those who came to the Black Hills of Western South Dakota to carve their own vision: